Get Started - Mac
Video Recording - Mac
Audio Recording - Mac
Video Editing - Mac
Audio Editing - Mac
DemoCreator Effects - Mac
Export & Share - Mac
Keyboard Shortcuts - Mac
In this section, you'll learn:
- How to use the New Recording mode
- How to record zoom meeting
The new recording will create a project that will record your screen, webcam, audio and offer you complete control to create a customized recording. The DemoCreator allows you to determine all the details of what you want your recorded video to look like and set recording parameters. Let us dive into each component that can help you create a classic recorded video.
Customize Recording Area
Wondershare DemoCreator allows you to select the area by dragging the border or a particular target window that you want to record. There are multiple options to choose from, including full screen, HD, or set custom size in the width and height size boxes.
DemoCreator will automatically record your entire screen. You can adjust the recording screen size and change the region of coverage by clicking and dragging the red circle magnifier. The magnifier will allow you to make accurate adjustments. You can lock the input area to freeze the screen capturing size while 'select a target window' will set the screen capture window size set to the window highlighted right after selecting the option.
Screen Drawing Tool
The screen drawing tool can be enabled either from the recorder window or from the status menu showing the recorder icon in the top menu bar on Mac.
The advanced drawing tool allows you to draw shapes, write text, use the pen tool, highlight something on the screen, and much more. All these things while the screen recording is in progress, making it a perfect tool for presentations, lectures, game tricks, and endless possibilities.
Set Input Device (Microphone/Camera)
You can select the microphone and camera recording input devices. By default, the Wondershare DemoCreator will pick up Mac's built-in microphone and FaceTime HD Camera.
If you have any external microphone or camera attached to the system, you can choose it from the dropdown list under the Recording Device settings.
1. Camera Setup
In addition to recording the screen, DemoCreator can also record from your webcam, enabling you to create great content. You can edit the advanced camera settings from the settings icon on the right side of the camera option.
In the camera settings, you can.
- Select your camera.
- Identify the resolution you want to record.
- Also, select the frame rate for the recording.
2. Camera Overlay
The feature-rich DemoCreator allows you to have a camera overlay on your screen that displays a live camera feed from your webcam. That superimposes the live video of the webcam onto your screen.
3. Flexible Webcam Recorder
Fexible webcam recorder allows you to record yourself in the overlay screen with AI face recognition to melt your face into the screen making your recording look lively.
The different options on the flexible webcam recorder are:
- Display overlay in a circle.
- Display overlay in a rectangle.
- Facial recognition – that removes your background and shows only your body.
- Flip webcam horizontally.
Once you are all set with the settings, you can start recording your screen by clicking the Start Capturing button or by the Shift+Cmd+2 shortcut. The same keyboard shortcut can be used to stop the recording.
After you press the big red button to start recording, DemoCreator starts a count down of 3 seconds before the actual screen recording starts.
To pause the ongoing screen recording, you can go to the status menu and click the red recording button to open the DemoCreator recorder.
Once the recorder window opens, you can pause and resume the recording from the DemoCreator capture window. Or you can also use the Opt+Cmd+2 keyboard shortcut to pause capturing and press the combo command again to continue the recording.
Delete and Re-record
Delete and re-record option will delete the entire current recording and restart the screen recording. The feature can be handy if you make any mistake or want a fresh start.
How to Record Zoom Meeting
- First launch DemoCreator, select New Recording. Change the recording area to record the zoom meeting. Then click the red button or press F10 to start recording.
- When you’ve finished the recording, then it will automatically switch to the video editor panel. You can preview your recording in the preview window.
- Click the Export button at the up-right corner, export your recording to the local.
If you find you can’t record the system sound, please follow the steps below:
- In the system settings, come to the sound setting. Select the Internal Speakers for sound output.
- Open your Zoom meeting, in the sound setting select the Built-in Output (Internal Speakers). This step is to keep the system output sound and the Zoom output sound the same. Then follow the above steps to record the Zoom meeting normally.
If you still can’t record the sound, please contact our support team, and describe your problems as detailed as possible.