Top 8 Laptop Screen Recorders
The screen recording software applications that are available in the market are feature-packed, and a majority of them are also free to use. The tools that the users are getting now are no less than the most needed and practical ones. You may ask or wonder why the screen recording applications are needed.
We all know what this pandemic has done to all of us, and a majority of people have now shifted completely on working from home. To do this effectively and in the best way possible, we are going to need some tools. As most of the workflow is through a laptop or desktop, there will be times when you will need to make a presentation or share something with your colleagues.
This is when the screen recording applications come into play, and you will need to use these apps in many more situations as well. Not only the office-goers but the screen recorders will also be used by the students and tech enthusiasts on a wide basis.
As you must have seen, anytime we need to clarify a technical confusion, we head to YouTube to watch the video tutorial of the same. These tutorials are made using these applications, and anyone can opt for laptop screen recorder download instantly. Students will need these apps to record their lectures in case they need it later during self-study.
It's quite a common mindset that when anyone needs a particular application, they search for its free version. Wondershare is providing the screen recorder with the name DemoCreator that comes with an integrated editor. The tools that you will get here will allow you to create a professional video guide in case you want to upload a tutorial on your social media handles/channels.
If you are searching for a free laptop screen and audio recorder that can serve the purpose, this one is an option worth considering. The software needs some pre-requisites such as Intel’s i3 processor on the 64-bit operating system, 2GB available HDD space, and 3 gigs of RAM.
- DemoCreator supports webcam recording, allowing you to easily stream online.
- The editing tools that come in-built are pretty good, and you won't need to find a separate editing software to tweak your video.
- You will also be able to add annotations. It will help you in adding clarity to your video guides.
- The editing tool that you will get will also allow you to import files from your computer.
- The recording options are quite wide, and you will get to record in the resolution you want.
- The pre-requisites are not very high-specs, and you will be able to use it basically on any system.
- Wondershare will also provide full tech support in case you get stuck at any point.
- The free version will give you a watermark on the final video.
- The application is only available for Windows machines.
It is one of the most combined and wholesome packages that you can find online. You will get a video converter along with a video downloader. The downloader will give you a browser plug-in so that you can get any video on your PC from the internet. The application will give you a range of tools that will allow you to tweak the recorded footage.
The software is not very heavy-weight, and the users will get to add multiple effects to give their video a professional look and feel. You also don't need to worry about the supported formats; AceThinker supports a range of them such as AVI, 3GP, MPEG, etc. Hence, it's the best laptop screen recorder free option to be used.
- The interface that you will get on this application will be quite an intuitive one.
- In case you happen to see any video online, AceThinker will allow you to download it on your computer.
- There is also an integrated video player that you will get to use every time to import a video to the software.
- The in-built editor will give you the options to add multiple filters to give your video a professional finish.
- There are also several transition effects that you will get packaged with the setup.
- If you want to convert a particular video to convert in a different format, AceThinker will allow you to do that as well.
- The software is not available for enterprise use.
- The free version only comes with a limited trial period.
The need for a screen recording application has seen a surge due to multiple reasons. There will be no need for capturing a snapshot of the screen until you don't want to capture just a section or record a screen. This tool, ShareX, is completely free, and you can download it directly from the Windows Store.
The laptop screen recorder Windows 8 allows you to record the scrolling screenshot in case you want to capture the whole website or a long document. ShareX will allow you to record the screen in multiple video formats. For short tutorials, you can create the GIF file, which will also allow easy sharing.
- ShareX offers a very advanced capture tool that will allow you to tweak each and every detail.
- The video recording will also be recorded in any resolution that you want.
- The software will also let you copy or fetch the text from the screenshot. It will come in very handy while taking notes.
- There will also be multiple sharing options, and you will get to publish the file directly to your social media.
- The software is completely open-source, and all the necessary features are free of cost.
- You will also get to add annotations to your recordings. It will be most helpful in the case of video guides.
- There can be some glitch in the scrolling screenshot.
- You will need some time to understand the interface, as it's a bit complicated.
Wondershare has a line-up from where you can choose according to your needs when it comes to getting the best out of the software. CamStudio is a pretty lightweight and compact software that offers a range of features. The interface you will get here is quite easy to understand, and the installation process is also very simple.
The software is also critically acclaimed among the creators that are into online streaming. There is also a paid version that you might need to get to use more of an advanced feature-set. If you are a student, you will need this application to record your lectures or also any specific portion of your screen.
- The recording format opted by CamStudio for the audio and video will be AVI.
- While making a video tutorial, you will need to show the cursor path. You can do it here easily.
- The system sound will also be recorded.
- The integrated editor will allow you to add text/annotation layer to your video.
- There is a whole range of features available for you to add special effects in your video.
- The software is an open-source one, and you will also not find any time limit for your recording session.
- The final file turns out to be a large one, and it can cause storage issues.
- You will get to export the final video in only AVI and SWF formats.
iSpring is the creator behind this software application. You will find it very easy to install and use as the interface is highly intuitive and user-friendly. The software will give you a range of features that you will find very helpful whenever you need to quickly record the screen. The biggest advantage that one will get using this software is that it's completely free, and yet there will be no watermark on the final video whatsoever.
Moreover, the in-built editor will allow you to tweak the footage and also do some significant amount of eliminating background noise. Let's go through the pros and cons so that you can make a better decision.
- There will be absolutely no ads, and being a free application, it's a huge plus.
- You will get to choose the recording conditions, be it full screen or any selected parts of the screen.
- The software will also let you record the system sounds along with the microphone.
- The in-built editor will also allow you to crop or trim the recorded footage.
- Its interface will give you a direct option to share the final file directly to the online channels.
- There will also be no watermark or any time limit to the video that's being recorded.
- There is no webcam recording, and it can deteriorate the tutorial guide.
- There is no snapshot tool while you are recording the screen.
When searching for the best screen recording applications, you will find quite a few people/experts recommending you this. As the application comes with a very easy and intuitive interface, it becomes easier for a beginner to understand it and start using it the right way. There will be no learning curve.
However, the software has some big limitations, as well. You will be able to record up to only 5 minutes, and TinyTake will give you just 2 gigs of cloud storage. The recorder will also allow you to capture a snapshot while recording the video, and the video output will be only in the MP4 format.
- The application size is quite compact, and you will not face any storage full issue.
- This software will allow you to capture the screen, be it in full or any specific part of it.
- You will also be able to record the audio/video from your webcam and microphone.
- The editor will give you the option to annotate the pictures. It will be significantly helpful for video tutorials.
- This video that you have recorded can directly be shared with your online channels for your viewers.
- There will also be no watermark on the final video.
- The recording time is limited to just 5 minutes.
- The software is only supported for the Windows 7 OS.
There are quite a few screen recorders that are available in the market. There are certain features that you will find in these recorders that will allow you to record the tutorials in the best explanatory way possible. However, a majority of these applications are paid, and users don't want to spend such amounts.
FlashBack is the screen recorder for Lenovo laptop that you can get if you are a Windows user. It's free, and you will find a range of features. The size of the application is 25MB, and the installation process is quite simple and easy. FlashBack will also allow you to record the webcam footage.
- The software will be the affordable one with a very intuitive interface.
- There will be no watermark, and this makes it an impressive addition in the free version.
- This recorder will also capture the pointer by giving it a bit highlight.
- The interface is very easy to use, and it's a perfect choice for a beginner.
- You will also be able to import the existing media to the editing tool.
- The application will also allow you to stream the content online without any hassle.
- The video editing tool isn't very impressive and has very limited features.
- The software can also act a bit laggy.
There are a plethora of programs that are offered by Movavi screen recorder is one of their best. They offer a feature-packed application with an extremely easy user interface that will not let any beginner or professional go through any hassle. Movavi is also continuously working on this project, and you will keep getting software updates to make the application work even more smoothly.
Moreover, the recorder will allow you to record anything whatsoever going on your screen, and you can shoot all the way up to 60 FPS. If you are in a hurry, you can go for the Auto mode or go for the manual settings if you want to do it your way.
- The intuitive interface of the Movavi screen recorder will give you the option to learn its working in no time.
- There will be in-built editing tools.
- The software will allow you to capture the screen in the full-screen mode or in a selective way.
- Movavi Screen Recorder will allow you to record the audio from your system, as well as mic.
- There are a plethora of transitions and effects you can use in your video.
- The editing tool will also give you tools like image stabilization, make the video go slower, etc.
- You may face a sudden crash while using Movavi recorder.
- To gain full access, including some necessary features, you will need to buy the premium plan.
As everyone knows, the screen recorders come with meaningful use. There are multiple settings that you will need to configure when it comes to making full use of the software. No matter if you are a student or an employee, if you are stuck at home and working/studying online, you will need these recorders.
If you have an online viewer base, you can post video tutorials by recording the screen. The integrated editing features will allow you to do any tweak that you possibly need. According to your needs, there are also multiple formats supported when it comes to importing them to the editor or exporting the final file in the format.