How to Record and Edit a Gameplay on Nintendo Switch
Gaming is among the best ways to spend leisure time with family and friends in winter or when staying indoors due to quarantine. If you love playing games, then you must be aware of Nintendo Switch since it provides quality games as well as a console to take you anywhere.
The newest model is special as it has a screen recorder for Nintendo Switch, which enables you to capture your game play through videos. The Nintendo Switch screen recorder is amazing because it not only helps in teaching beginners gaming, but also allows you to prove your wins against a pro.
Nintendo Switch screen recorder comes with the following exquisite features.
- It supports various games that allow video capturing as well as sharing.
- The screen recorder for Nintendo Switch captures gameplay and so when you are ready to record follow the steps below for how to record video on the Nintendo DS screen recorder.
- It facilitates viewing of the gameplay clip after recording it.
- It edits captured videos to get the worthy parts and still saves the original clip.
- It takes screenshots from the video as well through the edit function.
- It expedites sharing of the screen recorded clips on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- It has online connectivity making sharing on the above sites easy
- It comes with eShop, which as it’s a digital download storefront.
- It provides same-screen or split-screen multiplayer games to allow playing on a single system
How to Record Video on Nintendo Switch
The process to record video using the Nintendo Switch screen recorder App is quite easy since it resembles taking a screenshot using the Capture button.
Step 1: Ensure that the console is updated. Although this occurs automatically, you may confirm by going to ”Settings” then ”System” and finally to ”System Update.”
Step 2: A compatible game must be playing to capture video. So start playing any of the following; Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (version 1.3.0 and later), Splatoon 2 (version 1.2.0 and later), Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (version 1.3.0 and later) or ARMS (version 3.1.0 and later).
Step 3: Locate the ”Capture” button; it is a square button that has an indented circle; on Switch Pro controllers, it is opposite the home button or under the directional pad on the left Joy-Con.
Press the button and hold it down to record video. Note that the Nintendo switch screen recorder app will capture the previous thirty seconds of gameplay and the console will signal the recording process with a spinning icon as well as the message ”Saving” on the screen’s upper left corner.
Step 4: When capturing completes, a message will indicate that the clip has automatically and successfully been saved, which takes place in the ”Album” section. So, you can access it to share on social media, edit or copy to other storage devices such as a micro SD card.
Note that if you have enough storage space, such as a big micro SD card, you can capture and save a hundred to a thousand video clips.
How to Edit Video on Nintendo Switch
Video editing involves manipulating a clip in various ways such as trimming, making a fun meme or adding subtitles. After recording and saving the 30 seconds of gameplay using the Nintendo Switch screen recorder, you can only edit the clip by trimming it to get the most important parts.
Step 1: Access the Album button
Go to the ”Home screen” on Nintendo Switch and find the ”Album” function; then select it.
Step 2: Choose the Video and Start Editing
Choose the respective “Video” you wish to edit. To trim it, select ”Editing and Posting,” or simply press ”A” utility and then hit ”Trim.”
Step 3: Make adjustments
Identify where the video should start and then adjust by dragging your finger along the ”slider bar,” or using the left or right ”Stick.” Proceed using the ”Next” function or ”A” button.
Mark where the clip should end, and then adjust again using the left or right ”Stick” or ”slider bar.” Use the ”Next” function or ”A” button to proceed.
Step 4: Save
If you are contented with the editing process and outcomes, choose the ”Save” or ”A” function to confirm the changes. If not, make additional changes by choosing the ”Back” or ”B” utility. After saving, you may now share the edited clip on social media or copy to micro SD.
Pros and Cons
- The Nintendo 3ds screen recorder is flexible, allowing transitioning from game style to another. So, after recording one style you can change to another and still return where you left off in the previous game.
- It has a wide variety of games, including intense action new games are released daily and so it is easy to find something new and cheaper.
- Your friends and family can play together on the same system through split-screen gaming
- Due to parental controls, parents can limit the type of games their children play and record.
- It allows you to capture colourful clips if you customize the look using different Joy-Con colours
- The battery lasts long, up to about nine hours, to enable you to play and record multiple videos
- The screen recorder for Nintendo 3DS does not provide a variety of resolutions when a game does not support screen capture and hence the clip is 720p quality, which is not the best quality. It also limits a supporting game to 1080p.
- It has limited internal memory and so you must purchase a micro SD memory card to capture and save multiple clips.
Nintendo Switch has thousands of games and so any gamer can find a suitable game. Parents can now worry less because they can use the parental controls to ensure that the children play age-appropriate games, and share videos accordingly after screen recording using the Nintendo Switch screen recorder.
While gaming with the new model, you should definitely make use of the Nintendo Switch screen capturer to track your steps and thus perfect your gaming skills. The extra battery life will give you longer hours for enjoyment and learning, especially as you compete in a same-screen multiplayer game.