How To Record Skype Video Calls On iPhone Or Android Phone?
There are plenty of reasons to record Skype video calls than just a flashback on how it went.
And some time back, you had to use a third-party program to record Skype video. But with Microsoft's 2018 upgrade, that is no longer the case. The software incorporates a built-in video recording utility for all its version—desktop app, mobile, and even the web version.
In fact, the utility presents control over video-capturing sessions with its 30-days-only storage feature, permanent-video-saving option, and even the share option.
This can make you wonder:
How does one go about all these on a smartphone?
In this post, We'll find out about that just in a minute. But first, let's check the reasons why you'd want to record a Skype video call.
(Both Personal and Professional Reasons)
When you think about improving your call sessions, many people overlook a simple thing like recording the call. However, Skype video call-recording has a good argument as the most useful for instances like:
- Capturing details that you might otherwise have missed or forgotten.
When making important Skype video calls, active listening comes handy. And while it might be difficult to actively listen while on call, call recording to save you the hassle.
A recording can give full attention as it will not leave out or forget any detail when you later replay it.
- Recorded Skype videos can help solve disputes as readily.
First off, Skype video call recording is legal as long as there is an acknowledgment by the other party that it's happening. And Skype does alerts both the caller and the receiver when recording starts. Recording a video call without the other person's consent can land you in serious legal problems.
That said, a Skype Video call recording can be handy in solving lawsuits and legal representation.
Skype Video Call recordings can assist in Reputation management and improve regulatory compliance. In some cases, a Skype Video call can serve as a verbal contract.
- Skype Calls can help reduce Legal Liabilities.
Misunderstanding is a normal and serious thing. And when it comes to businesses, misunderstandings can lead to way worse lawsuits. Call recordings can help protect a business from false claims. And more importantly, playing a recording for the customer might be enough to solve a misunderstanding. If not, it can be powerful evidence in the court.
- For businesses, Skype Video call recording can help to track essential customer data.
Call recordings give accurate, precise, and reliable data. You won't rely on second or third-hand information. Instead, you'll be listening to what customers said.
With that said, let's quickly check on how to record Skype video calls on a smartphone—to be more precise, let's start with the iPhone.
Microsoft added a utility to record Skype calls across devices. The update came after Microsoft redesigned Skype in 2018 to focus on its core set of features and remove all the unnecessary utilities.
So if you were worried about recording Skype video calls on your iPhone 11, or the iPhone 11 Pro, it shouldn't be difficult.
The call recording on Skype is entirely cloud-based. And the software alerts both the caller and the recipient when Skype recording starts to avoid privacy breaching. Once you start recording a video call, a banner will appear on top of the call screen on both sides, telling everyone involved that call recording is in session.
Skype video-call recording entails the capture of any screen that is shared. The maximum duration for a Skype video recording is 24 hours—a whole day. When the footage is long, the software splits it into multiple short files.
With that, it is time to see how to record Skype video on the iPhone.
A step-by-step Guide
To record a Skype video call, you have to be on a video call already. So, head over to the Skype app on your iPhone and make a video call.
- Once connected, click on the Ellipsis icon (three dots indicating More) for more options
- Next, to record your call, tap the Start Recording button to start recording. A banner will pop up on your screen to alert you and the person on the other end that you're recording the video call.
- Suppose you want to stop recording, click the ellipsis button again, and select the Stop Recording button. Alternatively, ending the call stops the recording. After the call, skype will post the recording to your chat, which will be available for 30 days. You can download and save the recording locally at any time during the 30 days.
- To view the video footage you've recorded, hit the video thumbnail inside the chat. You can now play, pause, jump to a specific spot using the scrubber. That said, the video only resided on Skype for just 30 days. Meaning, if you want to save the skype video permanently for future reference, you will have to search for the "Save" function.
How to Save a Skype Video Call Recording Permanently
- To save Skype recordings for over 30 days, tap and hold on to the footage you've recorded. A Save As option will pop up.
- Click Save as and choose where to save it. This file is an MP4 video, even when it is an audio recording.
You can also share your Skype video recording with another person. To do that:
- Tap on the ellipsis icon, on the video thumbnail, and select the Forward option.
- Suppose you want to share multiple recordings, first click the Select Message option in the menu.
- Then you check the boxes next to all videos you want to share
- Finally, select the Forward option. A contact page will open. Select the recipients from your contact list and send them.
Like on the iPhone, you can record Skype Video on Android. Initially, it wasn't possible to record Skype video calls in Xiaomi, Samsung, or any other android device without a third-party app. However, today, you can do that directly from within the app.
To do that, proceed as follows.
Step 1: Run the Skype app
In the app drawer, navigate through and find your Skype app. Click on it to run it.
Step 2: On the Skype app, tap the address book icon
On the top right corner of the Skype interface, find the Address Book icon, and select the contact you want to video call. A chat will open.
Step 3: Select the video call icon
Once connected, hit the + icon on the top-right corner of the screen. A menu will pop-up on the screen. Select the Start Recording option that has a red button on it. Your Android will start recording the Skype video call immediately.
The app will alert the person on the other side of the call that you're recording the call. So it would work better if you inform the caller before you start recording.
Step 4: Hit the Stop Recording
If, for any reason, you want to stop recording the video call, hit the + option, and find the Stop Recording button.
You can do this at any time. And if you don't stop the recording, it will automatically stop when you hang up.
Step 5: View the call You've recorded
If you want to watch the video you've recorded, head over to the chat and select the video thumbnail to play it. Like in the iPhone Skype Video recording, the software only saves the video for 30 days unless you save it.
Step 6: Save the Skype Call
If, for any reason, you want to record your Skype call recording for more than thirty days, click the Ellipsis icon, the More option, from the chat that you have a video called. Then select Save to Downloads option.
If you want to record a Skype video call on Windows PC >> to learn more details.
There are lots of benefits that come with recording Skype video calls on a smartphone, including:
- The capture of details you might have missed or forgotten
- Assist in resolving disputes
- Helping in reputation management and regulatory compliance
- Might act as a verbal contract
- And even more
Basically: everything that can enhance a call. So if you were wondering about how to record Skype video call on Huawei or any other smartphone, you should have got your way through by now.