3 Ways to Record FaceTime with Audio
There would have been multiple times when you wished to record the call to save those precious moments, but there is no integrated recording tool offered by Apple. However, if you want to record FaceTime with audio, there are certain ways that you can follow.
Not only the informal family get-togethers, but the app is also widely used by professionals to keep in touch with their colleagues and team. It's also an excellent tool for the creators who want to record a podcast and the co-host can't be present there. Well, it's time to go through some of the methods that you can follow.
How to Capture FaceTime with Audio on Mac
If you have a Mac, you should call people using it as it will offer a larger display and you will find it quite convenient, especially if it's going to be a group call. The interface that you will get on the app is highly intuitive and you will be able to understand it quite easily. It will also be much easier to record on the Mac in comparison with the iPhone or iPad.
Given are the steps that we are going to mention, here, for your question on how to record FaceTime with audio. The Mac versions, Mojave and Catalina, offer an integrated tool to let users record their screen activity. The screen recording feature will be needed for multiple purposes and we have understood its necessity in these pandemic times.
Let's go through the steps that you will need to follow to record your FaceTime call. The following guide will also allow users to record the audio that is coming from the desktop and also the mic input.
Use Mac Internal Recording Feature
- Once the system is finally booted up, you will need to launch the screenshot tool. Press Cmd+Shift+5 and you will get a control center on the bottom of the screen.
- The bar will house different options and you can either just go for the screen capture, or start the full-screen recording. Users will also get to select a specific portion of the screen that they want to record or capture.
- If you have a multiple screen setup, don't click on the Record button. You will need to press and hold the record button; it will give you a prompt to select which screen you want to record.
- Mojave and Catalina will also resolve your issue of how to screen record facetime with audio by allowing you to record just a particular window. To capture it, launch FaceTime and then, click on the second icon in the Capture tool control center.
- Once all set, now you will need to click on the Options. It will give users a list of options using the dropdown tool. It will be used to enable the audio/mic as you also require to record the sound.
- Find the Built-in Microphone option. Make sure this option is checked, if missed, the audio will not be recorded.
- Once you hit Record, it will start recording the screen, and on the top users will get a small ‘x’ button to stop the recording anytime they need. If the user doesn't want to use the mouse to stop recording, press the same keyboard shortcut Cmd+Shift+5, again, and they will get a stop button in the control center.
- The recorded session will be saved in the Film/Movies Stack that can be easily accessed from the Desktop.
Record FaceTime Video and Sound with QuickTime
- If you don't have the app in your Menu Bar, you will need to press Cmd+Spacebar. It will launch the search box where you will need to enter QuickTime Player.
- Hit Enter and a new dialog box will appear. Press Cancel. From the Taskbar, you will need to click on the File tab. It will give you a dropdown menu to click on New Screen Recording.
- A compact dashboard will appear up where you will get a Record button. Now, if you want to record fullscreen, hit the red button and click anywhere on the screen.
- However, if you want to record just a particular section of the screen, you can always use your mouse to make a selection. QuickTime Player will only record that particular section of the desktop.
- To make sure that the audio is being recorded, click on the arrow that's present right next to the recording button. Make sure the microphone is selected and properly connected (if you are using an external one).
- Launch FaceTime and make the call, once done, you will need to press the Stop button on the Taskbar.
- Once stopped, a new dialog box will appear up where it will prompt you to name the file and select the path where you want to save it.
Record FaceTime with Audio on iPhone
There is no doubt that the number of people using the iPhone and iPad is much higher than those who use Mac. I must give you a spoiler alert, it's way more difficult to record the FaceTime session on the mobile device than you can imagine. Apple introduced an in-built screen recorder in its iOS 11 and you can say it's still in its development phase. The tool is quite glitchy, though it's capable to record the screen flawlessly, the issue appears when you are about to record the audio.
The tool doesn't allow users to record the audio for multiple apps, and yes, no points for guessing, FaceTime is one of them. The restriction on audio recording isn't primarily because of the complexity, but due to some legal reasons. Having it restricted will also put a very impactful curb on the piracy business. However, there are some makeshifts that you can apply to force the system in recording audio. We are going to discuss everything in detail.
Before Getting Started:
Before we dive into the steps, you need to get the Record button in the control center. Here are some simple steps that will bring you this tool.
- Go to the Settings app and then scroll down to the Control Center tab. Tap on it and you will get a tab to Customize Controls.
- Here, you will get a whole list of apps and tools that you can add to the iOS control center. Remove the ones you don't want by tapping on the red ‘-’ button and scroll down to press the green ‘+’ to add Screen Recording. Get back to the Home Screen.
Here are the steps you need to follow to start recording your screen or the FaceTime session. Be ready to face some glitches and in the last, we will also add a tip that will, most probably, will solve your issue of not being able to record audio.
Easy Steps to Record iPhone FaceTime Calls
- Swipe down from the top-right of the home screen to launch the Control Center. Here, you will see a white circle icon, that's the Screen Recording button.
- Once you tap on it, the tool will give you a 3-second grace period to get ready. As soon as the screen recording will start, you will get a red indicator on the top left.
- Launch FaceTime and place the call. Once done, you will need to go again to the Control Center to stop the recording. Tap on the screen recording button again, the video will be saved in the Photos app.
- To answer your question, can you screen record FaceTime with audio? You need to add one more step. In the control center, tap & hold the Screen Recording button, and then, turn on the microphone.
- As you will tap on it, it will turn red to indicate that it's turned on. Tap on Start Recording. Now, the video will be recorded with your mic input.
Apart from this limitation, the tool also start acting weird when you launch FaceTime while recording is turned on. It tends to automatically stop the session once the call connects.
Record FaceTime Video and Audio with DemoCreator
If you are looking for a tool that help to capture call videos with sound on coputer, you should definitely try Wondershare DemoCreator. This software is a professional video recorder for both Windows and Mac computer. You can capture the video with system and Microphone sound. However, FaceTime will only be record on macOS, which DemoCreator is fully support.
Download and install DemoCreator on your computer, the program will run automatically after installation.
Now click on "New Recordings" from the main screen, you'll see a new Windows pop out. You can enable the microphone recording if needed.
Select the area of the FaceTime calling and then hit on the red button to start recording.
FaceTime offers you the ease and luxury of reaching your loved ones instantly. The tools and methods that we have mentioned here will be quite helpful and we hope that this guide would answer all your queries for the question ‘how to record FaceTime audio?’. I have also included a third-party application Wondershare Democreator. It will offer an in-built editor so that editors don't have to take resort of any other application to customize and personalize the video according to their requirements.