How to Screen Record on a HP Laptop
When you are hired in a company, or you're running your business, there will be times when you need to ask someone about a certain issue that you are facing on your computer. There are also various times when you are having some doubts regarding the functionality of a certain application. You reach out to Youtube to see a tutorial for the same.
Have you ever thought about how people post those tutorials? Can you also make them? Will it be a very complicated one or an easy task and can you screen record on a HP laptop? If yes, you have landed exactly at the right spot and we are going to discuss each and everything related to how you can screen record on a HP laptop.
Most of these solutions, tips & tricks will work on any Windows laptop and are not limited to HP models only. However, if you carry an HP one, this article is specifically for you on how to record video on HP laptop windows 10.
There are many software applications available in the market that claim to provide you with the best screen recording on an HP laptop. However, it is seen most of the times that there are some hidden T&Cs, and the full range of features will not function as you expected. Wondershare DemoCreator is an easy but effective tool to record laptop screen with high resolution, no matter a lecture, PowerPoint, online course or gameplay, it will always do the best recording projects for you.
The software will provide you with all the necessary features that you will need to create an engaging video/content. The in-built editor will allow you to add files from your device and also record audio/video by connecting an external recording device. Another plus side is that the interface is quite intuitive, and anyone with basic knowledge of computer will be able to use it.
Steps to Screen Capture on HP Laptop
Once downloaded, launch the setup and proceed by agreeing to the terms and conditions. You will need to select the location on your device where you want it to be installed. It will take a couple of seconds to complete the installation.
Let‘s go through the steps you need to follow to record a video and then tweak it according to your requirements. If you are a beginner, this guide will be more than enough for you to understand the functionality.
- As soon as you will launch the app, you will get a dialogue box where it will give you 2 options along with a list of recent projects. The options will be to start recording and video editing. Select “Capture” to move on.
- To proceed further for a new project, you will need to click on the red button. It will take you to a new dialogue box.
- Here, it will give you more options. Before it starts recording, you will need to provide the recording area. It can either be a full screen, a particular window, or a custom size.
- Now, everything is done, and you can hit Record anytime. While the recording is going on, you can press F10 to stop and F9 to pause/resume.
There are many times when no software can fulfill the basic requirements you have. We often tend to oversee the options that are present all along. In this section, I am going to discuss some of these methods that will definitely help you:
Method 1: Record screen with Windows 10 game bar
In higher-end computers, HP provides an integrated video card that is capable enough to provide you with screen recordings of higher resolution. If you recently got a system with the latest configuration, there are very high chances that this functionality is already there. However, you will need to check if your device comes with a compatible video card to process the recorded footage.
You will need to follow the steps mentioned below to check whether this method is working or not.
- Once the computer fully boots up, press Win+G. The system may ask your permission to run the Game Bar application.
- Allow it to open, and you will get a horizontal menu on the top. There will be a range of features/options; however, we are going to discuss screen recording only. On the right side of the Xbox logo, you will see the time. In the same direction, there will be a camera icon that says Capture. Click on it, another small dialogue box will appear up.
- It will contain 4 options: Capture screenshots, Record the previous 30 seconds, Record and Mic.
- As soon as you will hit the circular recording button, it will turn square; it means that the Game Bar is now recording.
- Once the video is recorded, you can click that button again, and the recording will be saved in the Users folder.
- If you want to edit some settings, you can use Windows Photos to alter.
No dialogue box appeared on pressing Win+G. Any solution?
If your system responded nothing to the Win+G command, it is most probably due to the missing Xbox app. You can download it from the Microsoft Store for free. You will not need an Xbox account to use the screen recording feature.
Method 2: Video screen capture with PowerPoint
All the Windows 10 users, whether Home, Student or Professional version, if you have MS PowerPoint installed on your PC, you will be able to use it to capture screen recordings. There is no need to worry about the steps; we are providing you with a full guide right here. The only pre-requisite is that the window that you want to capture should be open and ready before you start recording.
- In the search, type MS PowerPoint and launch the application.
- From the top horizontal menu, find the Insert tab and then click on Screen Recording.
- There will be a prompt which will ask you to select the area that you want to be recorded. Drag and drop one edge of the cropping tool to set the custom recording area.
- The recording menu will give you the option of turning off the mouse inputs along with the microphone inputs. Turning these off will only record the screen area you selected.
- When you are ready, hit the circular recording button, and this menu will go off-screen, so the recording area doesn't record the controls.
- Once the task is completed, you will need to take your pointer to the top, and the controls will appear—hit Stop.
- Now the video will be present in the PowerPoint; you can save it as a .ppt. However, if you want to save just the video file, hit File and then scroll down to Save Media As option.
This method is perfect for those who don't want to edit the videos much, and they can use as they are recorded. The basic trimming, cropping, etc. can be done, though.
Method 3: Use YouTube Live streaming to record videos
You must have seen various YT live, and if you are a nerd, the thought must have gone through your mind that this is also a tool that can be used as a screen recorder. There is nothing that you will need or make payment anywhere. You are set to go if you have a Google account. If you don't have one, it's very easy to set up and won't take more than 5-7 minutes. Sign in using the same account on YT Creator Studio and then follow the steps mentioned below to record your screen.
- On the browser, enter youtube.com, or if you are on the smartphone, you will need to go to the YouTube app.
- Right beside the search bar on the web page, you will find the option to Go Live option.
- Find the option that says Live Streaming and then scroll to the Events tab. The Studio may ask you to verify the number to start the streaming.
- In the Events section, the user will need to click on Create Event and, after entering the title, change the privacy to Private.
- Hit Proceed. On the Next window, you will see a Hangout on Air page, and if you only want to record the screen, you will need to press the microphone icon to mute yourself.
- On the left-hand menu pane, you will need to select Screenshare. The next step will be to select the window that you want to capture.
- After everything is set, click on Start Screenshare, and it will show your PC screen on the Hangouts page.
- To start the live stream, click on Start Broadcast.
- After you finish what you are recording, click on Stop Broadcast. It will automatically save your video to your Dashboard.
Be it an HP machine or any other computer; the screen recording options generally remains the same. The alternate methods that we have discussed are more suitable for users who don’t need to do any post-processing. For those who want to make their videos more engaging, they will need to use the screen recording applications that are feature-packed and come loaded with tools that significantly help in enhancing the video quality. However, these software applications aren't free.
Wondershare offers its users DemoCreator completely free of cost, but there's a catch. If you are using the free version, the final video will carry a Wondershare watermark. You will need to subscribe on a monthly basis or pay a one-time fee to buy the license.