Best 12 Screen Recorders with Audio
One of the main reasons why we use screencast software is to create demonstrative or how-to videos. If this is the primary reason why you are using a screencast program, your video may be incomplete without audio and some narration. Therefore, it becomes necessary to find the best screen recorder with audio so that you can easily capture both video and audio aspects of your project.
There are screen recorders with internal audio and screen recorder with audio free for you to choose. It is important to note that not all screen and audio recorder programs are made the same. They have different features and capabilities. This means that one screen recorder can be vastly different from the other and therefore the one you choose depends on the nature of your project.
In this article, we are going to take an in-depth look of 12 different screen recorders with internal audio capabilities for use on different devices. It can be divided into 3 parts, screen recorder with audio for Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android.
Screen Recorder with Audio for Windows
Let’s begin with the following top 4 Windows screen recorder with audio;
ActivePresenter is a free screen recorder that also supports the recording of Audio. The program makes the process of recording the entire screen or a section of the screen very easy. It also comes with a built-in editing suite that allows users to trim and cut videos or even add annotations as needed. This screen recorder with audio supports windows 10.
- Videos can be recorded in high quality up to 1080p
- The user interface is very easy to navigate
- It comes with a built-in editing suite that is packed with features
Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is a screen recorder that is primarily useful for streaming live videos to sites like YouTube and Twitch. It makes the recording process easy by allowing you to easily choose whether you want to record a part of the screen or the whole screen. One of its major advantages is that it comes with an audio mixer that allows for professional sound quality.
- The interface is easy to use
- It has advanced features that allow you to control the streaming and recording process
- It has built-in widgets
- In-built audio filters allow you to control the audio quality
Wondershare DemoCreator is a great screen recording program that you can also use to record both video and audio on your screen. One of its coolest features is that it can record both the screen and webcam video at the same time. It is easy to use, but it also has a wide range of tutorials to help you navigate the program if you get stuck. It also comes with an in-built editing suite that you can use to edit the videos that you create. Also it supports add annotations to your video, which made your video looks more
- It has a complete editing suite
- It supports a wide range of output formats
- It can be used to add personalized annotations to the video
- It has a very simple user interface
ShareX is a free screen recorder with audio that comes with as many features as the paid software. Although it can be very useful, ShareX has a very complicated user interface that may not be appropriate for many users particularly beginners. But if you can learn how to use it, its advanced editing suite can prove very useful.
- It allows users to choose if they want to record the whole screen or just a small section
- You can use hotkeys to simplify the recording process
- Allows for adding watermarks and editing captured videos in numerous ways
Mac Screen Recorders with Audio
The following 4 tools are the ideal choice when you want a screen recorder with audio for Mac;
QuickTime is a Mac app that allows users to record the screen with audio. It is very easy to use, with self-explanatory controls and hotkeys that you can use to easily start and stop the recording quickly as well as adjust the recording settings.
- It has a very easy to navigate and use interface
- Can be used to record video along with audio
- You can tweak the settings to personalize the whole process
Monosnap is a free Mac tool that you can use to take screenshots. It comes with an in-built cloud platform that allows users to easily share the screenshots with others. It also has very useful annotation features that can be very useful when you want to draw attention to certain aspects of the recording.
- You can annotate the screen recording using arrows, shapes and text
- It allows you to upload images to the cloud easily
- You can capture the whole screen or just a section of the screen
SnagIt is one of the most feature-rich screen recorders for Mac that we would find. For example, thanks to its numerous annotation capabilities, you can use SnagIt to collaborate with others on a project by creating and commenting on each other’s recordings.
- You can annotate recordings using text, shapes, arrows and callouts
- It allows for seamless collaboration with others
- It has a very simple to use interface
Most people use this open-source tool for media playback, but very few realize that under the numerous video playback capabilities that VLC has, it also has some recording features. It may not be the best recording tool in the market, but it can come in handy when you need to quickly record your screen.
- It has wonderful media streaming and playback features
- It is easy to use, with a simple user interface
Screen Recorder with Audio for iPhone and Android
If you want to record the screen on your iPhone or Android device with audio, the following are some great free screen recorder with audio apps to try;
BB Recorder is a free iOS screen recorder that can be very useful when you want to record what’s on your iPhone or iPad’s screen. It is very easy to use with a highly interactive user interface. It is also completely free to use with no ads.
- It also comes with a built-in camera
- It doesn’t limit the duration of the recorded video
- It comes with in-built share options to make sharing the recording that much easier
This is another video recording app for iOS devices. It is available on the App Store at $4.99 and allows users to capture the iOS screen even when using other apps. It is fairly easy to use and once the recording is complete the video is saved on the device.
- It has a very simple interface
- Starting and stopping of the recording is easily done
- It can also be used to create Gifs
AZ Screen Recorder
The AZ Screen Recorder is one of the most popular Android screen recorders in the business. Available for free on the Google Play store, it is easy to use and can capture very high-quality video and audio. The recording is often saved on the device’s gallery unless otherwise specified.
- It is very easy to use, with a pleasing interface
- It can record both video and audio
- It can be used to generate Gifs
The Twitch iOS app comes with a streaming feature that can allow users to record their iPhones and stream them to Twitch. While most people say that this app is generally limited primarily because it will not record iPhone games, it can still be a useful way to record and stream both audio and video on your iOS devices.
- It is very easy to set up and once set up it is easily accessible from the Control Centre
- It is completely free to use although you will need to have a Twitch account
- It can live stream your screen to Twitch
Sometimes it is necessary to record both video and audio depending on the project. When you need to do that, the tool you choose must have the necessary features to make sure that both the audio and video recording will be of high quality. We have curated the list above to make sure that you can get that and more. And, you don’t have to play an arm and a leg for quality; In fact, some of the tools above are completely free.
But we must empathize that more often than not, you will only find this perfect combination of features if you purchase premium tools. Take a moment to go through the list to decide the best tool for your project and then share your thoughts on how well it worked for you, or not. Just leave us a comment in the comments section below.