Top 10 Mac Screen Recorder with Audio Recording Function
The need for a mac screen recorder with audio has been felt in recent times by a number of people. This is because the wish to record screen to make a vlog, tutorials, and different other reasons. If you are one of the users looking for a mac screen recorder with audio free, this is the right place for you. We will cover the best mac screen recorder with audio for you. Let's have a look at the top free screen and audio recorders for Mac.
Part 1: Free Mac Screen Recorder with Audio Recording
If you are not willing to shell out money for recording screen, here are the top free screen and audio recorder for mac for you:
QuickTime Player is one of many popular video players. Apart from playing videos, QuickTime Player also acts as a screen and voice recorder mac. The player is the default player that comes with the macOS. If you want the best free screen recorder, this is the ultimate option you have got.
- Automatically included with macOS
- Works with iTunes files
- Easy to use interface
- Needs no additional codecs
- Easy to use streaming features
- Integrates with streaming services
- Less breadth of compatibility than competitors
- Doesn't work with common subtitle files
- Not compatible with Windows
Jing is a simple and free recorder and is the perfect way to improve your fast-paced online conversations. It allows users to record images or videos from their desktop. The videos and images can be pushed to screencast, where users can share them with family, friends, or colleagues. Videos and photos can also be pushed directly to the social media platform.
- Saves a lot of time over doing "regular" screenshots
- Helps promote shorter videos
- Might be easier for older computers to run it
- Students can use it
- Quick recording it's very easy to do
- Doesn't have as many features as some competitors.
- Save button was hidden at first
- Not web-based/requires installation
- 5 minutes' limit could be a disadvantage if you need a longer video
3. OBS Studio
OBS Studio is an open-source and free screen recorder on mac that is utilized for recording video and live streaming. This free screen recorder with voice for mac provides real-time device and source capture, encoding, scene composition, broadcasting, and recording. The software supports a variety of plugins to expand its functionality.
- Very easy to add different sources for both video and audio and arrange them.
- Easily convert (remix) recorded files into a different format.
- Options for bitrate and output size easy to find and change
- Being able to record simultaneously
- A number of plugins
- Overwhelming layout
- Frequent updates
- More control over queuing extra sources
Apowersoft is the recorder that is next on our list. It can even pause and resume while recording so that you can control the recording contents easily. The recorder syncs the audio to the screencasts and also supports recording the audio from the microphone.
- It can schedule up tasks that record for you automatically
- Easy recording with a few clicks
- Flexible screen capture
- Annotations and drawings can be added to the video.
- Start from a web page
TinyTake is a free video recording and screen capture software for Windows and Mac. With the software, you can capture videos and images of your computer screen as well as add comments and share them with others within no time.
- Annotate videos and images.
- It is easy to capture videos and images.
- Share files via link or YouTube.
- Offer cloud storage.
- Limited features for Mac.
- The free version has many limits.
- The recording limit is only 60 minutes.
Part 2: Best Paid Screen and Voice Recorder for Mac
Even though the above-mentioned software solutions are free of cost, there is always another side of the coin. With free software, you won't get the advantage of using the advanced features. Now that you have had a look at the free screen and audio recorder for mac, let us have a look at the paid versions.
Wondershare DemoCreator is one of the best-paid screen recorders that you can get your hands on. With an easy user interface and free recording and editing features. Such as stickers, annotations, cursor effects, and so on. What's more, the DemoCreator software supports Mac as well as Windows operating systems.
ScreenFlow is solid screencasting and video editing platform built for Mac users. It is a simple software that lets users capture things happening on their screen and record microphone, computer audio, and video camera.
Camtasia acts as a screen recorder as well as a video maker and editor. This software is able to create interactive, powerful, and professional videos that can be used for a plethora of projects such as the making of videos for YouTube.
Snagit is the most capable software that captures the screen for Mac and offers more than the standard capturing options with most of the versions of Windows. The software even assists you to encourage teamwork, offer better feedback, and create images that explain precisely what you mean.
Movavi Screen Recorder is a simple-to-use screen recorder that takes just no time to master. The solution offers various options for screen capturing such as capture separate streams, schedule your recordings, and convert recorded videos.
Having said that, we just had a look at the top 5 free screens and audio recorder for mac as well top 5 paid screen and audio recorder for Mac. We hope that the list will be useful for you in making informed decisions while opting for a screen recorder.