Top 10 Best Skype Video Recorder for Window and Mac PC
Ever felt like you want to record a Skype video call?
There are thousands of reasons for recording a call, but for the most part, you want to remember specific details of a conversation, save a copy for future reference, or just to keep memories. After all, Skype has kept its crown as the standard video and audio conversation method across the internet-even in the face of brutal competition from Apple and Face Time.
It is huge.
And today, the software comes with an in-built recorder. But the utility doesn't offer all. For that reason, we went out there to explore the world of Skype video call recorders, put the best contestants into a test, and come out with the best solution.
But before we dive into our findings, let's first check some reasons why you might need a Skype Video call recorder.
Why you need Skype Recorder Software?
There are plenty of reasons why you might need a Skype recorder software-for both personal and professional purposes. But let's only focus on the most common ones:
- To improve focus and engagement on a call session
Skype video call recorder presents the exact information you discussed during a call session, which is a perfect fallback resource to review what you talked about on a Skype call. As a result, you don't have to take notes during the call, no. You only focus and participate keenly on the call. And suppose didn't get a thing correct, you can review the video later.
- To capture every detail of a conversation without losing even a word
Suppose you were giving or receiving instructions using Skype video call, a recorder will capture every discussion, every decision, and perspective. You can go back for reference with the precise accuracy of information.
- To Collect Undiscoverable insights about a business which would otherwise be impossible
If your customers always video-call you to give feedback or report complaints, a database of their call collects insights about your product or services. This comes handy in tailoring your offer to fit your customer's needs.
- To ease dispute-resolving processes
With footage of your Skype video call, it is easy to prove who said what, when, and to whom. In case a dispute arises, the recording can be the best evidence to rely on.
With that, it's time for us to jump to our findings on the best Skype video call recorders. We'll start with recorders for Windows.
4 best Skype Video Call Recorder for Windows Users
As we said earlier, Skype comes with an in-built recorder. While that utility can do 75% of the trick, when you need higher limits, advanced functionality, and easy storage, you might need a third-party tool.
And out of hundreds of options out there, here are the best four options we found for Windows users:
Meet a complete video suite that is more than just a Skype video call recorder.
Wondershare DemoCreator is a Skype video recorder with additional video editing utilities to get you more out of your Skype video calls. Its unique feature is the availability for both Mac and Windows users.
- Comes with a complete suite of video editing utilities
- Available for both Mac and Windows users
- Ridiculously easy-to-use interface
- It present options to record screen dimensions, frame rates, bit rate, resolution, and encoding
- It allows live broadcasting of the Skype video call you've recorded
- The free version only allows limited call recordings.
MP3 Skype recorder is an automatic freeware that records and store Skype conversations and even conferences. The best part with this tool is that it can record several skype calls simultaneously-one active while others on hold-and still save them separately.
- Intuitive interface
- Can record video calls automatically or manually
- Can track several calls at a time and save them separately
- Even though it records audio-only, it does so in pristine quality
- All the feature for commercial use are available for personal use except the time limitation
- It only stores recordings in MP3 formats
- It is not free if you want to use it for business purpose
- The free version comes with a limit of 30 hours a month
- Only works with Windows operating system
Evaer is another ridiculously easy to install Skype video call recorder for Windows. The software allows you to record Skype calls and store the footage in HD. What makes Evaer unique is that it requires no configuration after installation and provides recording in various modes.
- Can automatically capture Skype video calls while running in the background
- Quick to install and use
- It notifies both users when it starts recording to avoid privacy breaching
- Records superior audio quality
- You can choose the video resolution of the output
- It previews video
- Cannot capture lengthy calls
- The output video is large-size
- It does not have editing utilities
Some years before, it was impossible to record a Skype call without a third-party program. But that changed with a 2018 update that included a built-in recording utility for Windows, Mac, and even smartphone users. What's make this utility unique is the privacy-sensitive feature that alerts each party that recording is going on. What's more, the recording you make with this utility self-destruct in 30 days if you don't save them permanently.
- You don't need any third-party Skype video recorder
- It is not easy to breach the other person's privacy as the tool alert each person on the call that the recording is in session
- You have the option to save the video for reference permanently.
- It is a cloud-based solution-you can access your recording from any device
- Entirely free
- If within 30 days you do not save the video you recorded, it gets deleted permanently
- It lacks video editing features
- Recordings are only Skype-to-Skype calls
Now we're done with the top options for Windows users. Let's quickly head over to the best Skype video recorder for Mac.
Yes, Skype is a product of Windows. But the tool is big that if you communicate business matters more often, it is more likely you have Skype on your Mac.
And to help you keep track and back-up many of your calls, you might need a Skype video recorder for Mac. And as with Windows, there are hundreds of Skype call recorders for Mac users. But we're only going to focus on the six best.
Let's get started.
Wondershare Filmora is one of the best screen recorders for Mac today. It is a lightweight program that captures anything on your screen, so it doesn't hesitate to be one of the best free Skype video recorders.
Because apart from just recording your Skype video call, it allows flexible settings like saving the video in different formats, edits the footage you've captured, and add even annotations on your video.
- Records desktop screen, voiceover, and webcam at the same time
- Allows edits with a complete suite of professional utilities
- Presents several video format options to save your output
- Has plenty of templates and effect to
- One can record another person without their consent
Camtasia is another exceptional video call recorder tool to capture Skype video calls for no cost at all. It allows you to record Skype video calls in no time and editing in three steps. Despite being a powerful Skype video call recorder, it comes with a trial version. The full version of the software is costly and only appropriate for professionals.
But in the end, it employs screen recording technology to record Skype video calls.
- The full version of the software is powerful to the extremes
- Very intuitive interface. You don't need any skills to get started
- Comes with inbuilt video editing features
- Can capture web camera, screen, and mic at the same time
- It is an expensive option
Now, if you were wondering about free Skype video call recorder, QuickTime player can be the best option for Mac. QuickTime is an extensible framework that is Apple-made and comes with all Mac operating systems. The best part about this solution is that it does not require any fee and third-party app.
- Entirely free
- Exemplary easy to use
- Its interface is friendly
- You can record Skype video calls as long as you want
- The video quality might be lower
- It only records fullscreen
- Even though free, the video it creates are large files
The primary aim of VideoSolo was only to record Mac screen, but its functionality makes it far much efficient to record Skype video calls.
With the recorder, you can define the area of the screen you want to record or record the entire screen. What's more, you can preview the footage you've recorded before you save it.
- Easy-to-access user interface
- Powerful independent audio recorder
- Comes with a preview function that allows you to view a video before saving
- You can schedule your Skype video call recording too
- It is not a free solution
Movavi is the type of software that Mac users can use to record Skype, hangout, and even Facebook audio and video calls. The best part with Movavi is that you don't have a limit on how many or how long you can record, and you can have a scheduler so you can set up a recording for an essential conversation in advance.
- Ridiculously powerful Skype video recorder
- The output quality is pristine
- Comes with an inbuilt video editor
- You can save a video in multiple formats
- You can schedule
- You might incur extra charges if you want to edit you Skype video call
The in-built Skype video call recorder cannot record any Skype video calls secretly. You'd wonder about a Skype video recorder for Mac that would do the work privately. Aiseesoft Screen recorder might be apt for you. However, before you do any recording, you must check if your state's laws allow you to record a call without notifying the other party.
- Video output is of high quality
- Allows saving different video formats
- Comes with an in-built video editor
- The app does not come free
How to choose
Free is awesome. Especially when that "free" is giving you the right features and functionality in recording Skype video calls. The downside is that some of the free recorders don't serve you optimally.
So we gave you a go-to collection of top Skype video call recorders for Windows and Mac users. While all the 10 software varies in feature and functionality, you can't go wrong with any.